Miyerkules, Setyembre 7, 2011

Beatrice Dungis

We were asked to create a book for children in one of my MA classes. I initially thought of just creating a concept book because it would be easier than making an actual story.  My first idea  was to create a "My first Filipino words" in a board book format.

I was determined on the idea when my boss told me that I shouldn't settle for a concept book, that I am creative so I should write a story. Not all people believe that I am creative, but if there's one person who does, then maybe I should too!

I know this is far from being a novel (number 19 in the list), but this was a good exercise for squeezing out my creative juices. I am proud to present you, Beatrice Dungis:







P.S. My gratitude goes out to all people who made this project possible : Karen for encouraging me to write ; Nomer for some of the ideas ; Reg for ideas that were extremely funny but didn't really work, haha ; Grace and LC for the comments ; Nang Mar for suggesting the illustrator ;  and Tito Randy for giving Beatrice a face.

4 (na) komento:

  1. nice! i love kids' books like this in filipino... now that im having a kid of my own i want him to have a stash of this! hehehehe so far i only have 1... i bought it during my intramuros photowalk (i cant remember what store we went too at nakita ko yun)... i bought it because i love how the colors were made...

    thanks for following my blog! am a follower mo na rin! :-)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hi! Thanks for appreciating! :)

    That's great. Filipino illustrators and authors are really good. Their books are also very affordable, unlike the foreign ones.

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Mga Tugon
    1. @Rae: madami nga akong kilala na takot sa ipis. Pero di ka naman siguro madungis. :)

      Burahin