Lunes, Setyembre 19, 2011

From the Manila International Book Fair

 
I got some storybooks because I'm catching up on Philippine Children's Lit. (Sampung Magkakaibigan, Pambihirang Buhok ni Raquel and The butterfly who did not want to fly are all signed!)

GH because I love their recipes.

It's a Mens World. No that's not a typographical error. See the blurb:
Interesting, eh? I simply loved the playful use of words! The last two books on my loot are just for laughs and those were signed too :

 How about you? Did you get a chance to visit MIBF? What were you able to bring home? :)

13 komento:

  1. too bad i missed it. i would've wanted to get lourd de veyra's autograph on his first novel ("super panalo sounds") and samantha sotto's "before ever after." my daughter has some of those storybooks you got. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. I'm still kicking myself for having missed the Book Fair last week. Its just so hard to bring the little one at such crowded places. She might catch something kasi. =(

    TumugonBurahin
  3. @joy: before ever after! I've heard and read good reviews about it. It's also in my wishlist! :) Good to know that your daughter loves reading too. :)


    @the average jane: ok lang yun, there'd be an mibf naman next year. Kesa naman at risk ang health ni little one. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  4. Tribes by Seth Godin. A book for people aspiring to be tribe leaders as well as people afraid of change.:D

    TumugonBurahin
  5. Missed it too. :( I hope to attend next year.

    TumugonBurahin
  6. Librarians usually get advance invites for the book fair. I'll post the sched here next year as soon as I get one! :)

    TumugonBurahin
  7. My mom and I were planning to go there but we got sidetracked. Sayang because we always go to the book fair yearly since my aunt worked in Goodwill before. :(

    Those are such nice books. I hope I can go to the book fair next year. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  8. Hi, Karla! It's good to know that "Reading is not part of Philippine culture" isn't true. I am really glad that bloggers don't just read blogs! Haha.

    Let's all go to the Book Fair next year! :D

    TumugonBurahin
  9. I was supposed to go. Sayang!

    I followed you back na :) If you can like my facebook page, too. I just made one. Hehe. www.facebook.com/joeiandme

    Thanks!

    Definitely, Maybe

    TumugonBurahin
  10. The last time I attended a book fair was 2005. :(

    My collection is keeping me busy, I guess (I have about 600 books... I actually stopped counting in 2007, and close to 4,000 ebooks). No wonder I became such a recluse. LOL

    TumugonBurahin
  11. Wow, you should organize your books in a library! :)

    TumugonBurahin
  12. it's so sad that i completely missed this! i hope to know this next time..

    i have an award for you at my blog! http://thejaggedbarn.blogspot.com/2011/10/sunshine-award-2011.html

    TumugonBurahin