Huwebes, Enero 5, 2012

My orange & elemi facial wash saved my eyes


Cleanse, tone, moisturize. Those are the three things we usually do at night so we can match our beautiful faces with healthy-looking skin. But if you are like me, who have problems like dark lips and dark circles around the eyes, then the three steps will be added by at least two, a lip balm to achieve pinkish lips and an eye cream to lighten the circles.

Oftentimes, I can get away without the eye cream. Applying concealer when I go out usually does the trick, but because of the holidays, I had to stay up late and my eyes have become puffy.

Forgive my eyebrows. I know they need a makeover! :)

Concealers can hide the black circles but not puffiness, so when I saw Giga's eye cream, I immediately bought  it.
Photo from Giga.
Rescue tired eyes. Use anytime to revitalize the delicate eye area and
help reduce the look of puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. 
Sounds perfect for me, right? I also loved the fact that it's organic. As you can see in the photo, it says: virgin coconut oil, shea butter, cucumber extract and vitamin E. No petroleum and parabens meant more love to skin. 

So last night, I stayed up late (again, I know, not healthy). When I finally decided to go to bed, I went upstairs to change my clothes, brush my teeth, then C-T-M. 

I was so sleepy by this time but after I've put the moisturizer, I still decided to try my new eye cream. I first applied it on my right eye (generously). Then as I applied the cream on my left eye, I felt a stinging sensation on my right eye. I then glanced at the cover of the cream and to my horror, what I've seen is my: 
Photo from Giga.
Sure, it was also organic, but a mix of peppermint and ginger isn't a good thing to put near our lovely peepers! I rushed to the nearest sink, and washed my face with water. Totally dumb move! It made my eyes more minty. It scared the hell out of me. I then screamed for someone to hand me my newly-bought HN balancing facial wash.
Photo from Human Nature.
I didn't care how much of the thing I have wasted. I've just squeezed the bottle with all my might and  washed my eye area. After I rinsed it, the minty feeling and stinging sensation were gone. I finally felt relieved after like two minutes of horror. Thank God.

Now I've got another reason to love HN's balancing facial wash. Of course I have learned  my lessons too: 1. One MUST read labels before applying anything on the face ; and 2. One should really be organized and shouldn't mix beauty stuff and balms in one place.

Have you guys had any experience like that before? I hope NOT!

Do not be like me. I do not want you to have that horrible experience. Ever. Please always be careful with what you put on your faces, ladies. It is my sincerest hope that you also learned from my experience.
_______________________________________________________
Please bear in mind that I have experienced this purely because of my mistake. Giga products do wonders.  Please continue patronizing them. :)

12 komento:

  1. Is it effective? Have been using the no pain balm on my eyes haha(now I can laugh about it). Have yet to try the eye cream! :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. yap be organized.. be careful!

    Thanks Ms. Bee.. Nareceived ko na ang prize ko..
    love it! Thanks a lot!

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Uh oh. Never happened to me, thankfully. I'm rather talented in applying creams even when inebriated, lacking sleep or feeling unwell.

    Take care next time. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  4. @Mitchyweech: Thanks. I will. I am sorry it took some time. Had problems on sending the liquid stuff. Mahigpit pala sila ngayon. The sanitizer wasn't sent. I am sorry. Hope you enjoy the loot!

    @A: Good for you, dear. I hope I get talented soon too! :) Thanks!

    TumugonBurahin
  5. ouchie! but hey, lemme know once you try out the 'true' giga eye cream. wanna know how it fares. i am badly in need of prettier peepers :)

    TumugonBurahin
  6. Will do. I hope it's really effective. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  7. I haven't started using eye creams yet but i'll definitely take note of the Giga brand. And fortunately though, nothing like this happened to me yet. Not in beauty products. I've incorrectly taken a wrong medicine because of carelessness though. Good thing the medicine I took is only for colds. ^^

    TumugonBurahin
  8. It never happened to me, C-T-M is my daily routine. I only get puffy eyes when I'm sick and stress out.

    Be careful next time.

    Thanks for dropping some love on my blog. I look forward to reading more lovely post.

    TumugonBurahin
  9. yup, that picture doesn't need a caption at all. It speaks for itself.

    good luck with the co-worker. I can't wait to see what he would say next time.

    TumugonBurahin
  10. That's never happened to me before , though i must admit, im very lazy. I am trying to put in a bit more effort kasi tumatanda na ang lola, but ill keep you're advice, ill read & will be careful. Thanks =)

    TumugonBurahin
  11. @Sumi: We need to be really careful next time.
    @Sey: Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading your lovely posts too!
    @Kristeta: Thanks for dropping by. Following your blog too! :D

    TumugonBurahin